Thursday, January 12, 2006

I didn't mean it... I swear

Oh, how quickly some will change their tune when $50 million is on the line.

Pat Robertson, (extreme) television evangelist, publicly remarked last Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s recent stroke was caused because he was “dividing God’s land.” That’s a very twisted statement and sadly (too) many listen to Robertson, a man who apparently means what he says…that is, until yesterday.

Robertson wrote a letter to Sharon’s son apologizing for "remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness." I think I just lost my appetite.

Robertson apologized because Israel threatened to exclude him, and those who shared his thoughts on Sharon's stroke, from a proposed $50 million religious heritage site in Israel.

I bet $50 million (in Monopoly money) that Robertson wouldn’t bother apologizing if money wasn't on the line.


I can't comprehend that people actually believe the jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home