Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dumbing-down needs to stop

I wish that the intelligent, logical, sensible, kind people of the U.S. would be in the press more often than the, uh, hmmm, how should I phrase this… smaller percentage that might not provide the best representation for the country. Two examples already this week that make me want to hide under the covers:
1) Dick Cheney, Vice President, for shooting his hunting friend. How on earth does one mistake an average-sized man for a bird? I’ll refrain from sharing all my negative thoughts on the guy and this incident because they're just not nice.

2) Pamela Anderson who has good intentions with PETA but
actually stated that the Kentucky Derby “makes me want to avoid Kentucky altogether, which is sad because there are so many great people there.” There are a lot of bad drivers in California but I still live here. Be realistic.
C’mon reporters, you are not helping unite any widening divides between our country and others by reporting only on the dumb moves a handful of people make. Report more good, less bad and let’s stop the dumbing-down here in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home