Sunday, November 06, 2005

Jack London Square

I was in Oakland last night.

“Gasp!”

That’s the standard reaction. Oakland has a bad reputation; mainly from news stories about murders, gang violence, shootings, rapes, robberies… did I miss anything? Probably. It also has a bad reputation from friends experiences and friends-of-friends experiences. For example, I knew a couple whose two cars were broken into often enough that they ended up buying a motorcycle and parking it in their apartment. They have since moved.

I like Oakland. Perhaps not enough to live there but Oakland is a very interesting place with cultural diversity, good views and proximity to San Francisco. I try never to let a bad reputation spoil a good place.

I was at
Jack London Square listening to jazz last night.

"Whew. That’s better."

2 Comments:

At 5/25/2021, Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for junk cars Brisbane
cash for scrap cars rocklea

 
At 5/25/2021, Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars ipswich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home