Thursday, November 10, 2005

Rewind button

This is where I’d like to be today. At the home of my morster and morbror (aunt & uncle) in Sweden, taking in the end of summer together like I did last year. I wish I could press the rewind button.

My uncle has been living with Leukemia for years and for the most part, it hasn’t been discussed because it was something he managed to keep under control. Until now. The past two months he has been going to the hospital for blood transfusions and this week he is stuck at the hospital. I know it is now at the worry stage because my aunt, a strong but quiet force with a heart of gold, is worried enough that we have all taken notice. I come from an extremely stubborn family so I know it’s bad when the stubbornness is set aside and emotional support is requested.

And stubbornness aside, we’re all very close; many thanks to the postal service and the invention of e-mail. But today I wish I could hop a plane and spend time with my uncle. And I will, as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home